Wednesday, April 17, 2019

On My Mind | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee and I'm popping in today to share a little cardmaking inspiration.


Have you grabbed the Missy Whidden April Color Kit yet? I was so excited to play with this color palette, but when I went to pull the colors from my shelf, I realized I didn't actually have 1 Hot Mama and Honey Do List like I thought I did. Doh! Guess that just means I need to do some shopping, right? 😃 Since I had two of the colors and the kit's exclusive Butterfly Beauties Dotz, I decided to just roll with it and substitute Pip Pip Cherry O and Celery Shimmerz for my card. I love the fun spring feel these colors have, and what's not to love about a little extra Shimmerz?


I started by painting Pip Pip Cherry O, Celery, Bumbly Bee Shimmerz, and the Jeni B Bleu Vibez individually onto a plastic baggie, adding water, and smooshing onto watercolor cardstock. If you try this at home, be sure to dry in between colors or you might end up with a muddy mess. While I had the colors out, I painted a strip of each color to use to punch out circles to frame the beautiful butterfly Dotz.


I stamped a couple tiny sentiments and embossed in white on black cardstock. I then cut a super thin strip of black cardstock to align the butterflies diagonally.  A thin black mat and a white card base and I was finished.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, if you place an order in the Shimmerz shop, mention my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments for a free mini surprise.

No comments: