Thursday, February 21, 2019

Rumbly in my Tumbly | Niki Rowland



Hey there Shimmerz Fans! Niki here today and I have a bright colourful layout to share with you today.

I've used the new Dear Lizzy collection 'New Day' and it has lots of bright colours in it. I chose a striped paper with lots of colours and tore a strip of it to go across the top of my layout. I then matched my Shimmerz paints to the coloured stripes and extended the colours down the layout.


 

Once I had created my colourful background I then stuck on my striped paper. I created a photo cluster with three photos and lots of embellishments, all from the New Day collection too.

I used the multi print alpha from the same collection to make a fun title and I handwrote in my journaling at the bottom to finish off. 

Now you've got to the end, I'll let you into a secret. This layout was initially quite different. I had also got a striped paper strip at the bottom too with the colours painted up as well. I actually finished the layout but it was awful! It's extremely rare for me to make a layout that I hate and I really did hate this one, so much so that I didn't feel I could share it as a DT project for Shimmerz. So I left it a few days and then chopped it up, rescued the top painted part and added it to a new white background with a white strip right at the top and some white space at the bottom. This made it a whole lot better and I'm now happy with the end result (almost). See, even people on Design Teams get things wrong occasionally :)  

Happy scrapping lovelies and may Shimmerz paints colour your world beautiful xxx




No comments: