Friday, February 22, 2019

"Love This" 12x12 Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hi Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here today with a fun, colorful, easy layout to share with you!
Today's project was inspired by the tiny floral die cuts in the Cocoa Vanilla Midnight collection. I loved them so much that I had to paint larger versions! Here's a quick look at my final project:


I began by prepping my page with white gesso. I coated most of the page because I wasn't sure how many flowers I was going to paint. I eventually ended up just paining a row of them along half of the page. I used Creameez Cheeky Pink and Berry Hot and Coloringz Pink Stilettos and Ahoy Matey to create them.  I really didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. I just made sure some areas of the flowers were lighter than others or combined two colors.  When my colors were dry, this is where the thought came into play.  I grabbed a black fine line sharpie and sketched what I thought was my best representation of the floral ephemera. The lines were on the darker side and some of them were even a little lopsided, so I decided to go back in with a black gel pen that had a thinner line thickness and go over it again. This time, I tried to keep the line in the same general area as the first, but not exact. Once the flowers were drawn, I did add a few splatters so the background wasn't so stark white.


After all of my paint was dry, I set my photo in the general area that I was thinking of placing it, which is actually where it ended up staying! (That doesn't happen all that often for me lol!) I then strategically placed all of the floral ephemera exactly where I wanted it and popped it up on foam squares. After that, I added in a few other bits of ephemera and a couple clear and puffy stickers.

In the end, it felt like it was missing something along the right and top sides. There was just so much white space that it bothered me, even though it was the look I was going for. I decided to use the same three colors of Shimmerz and paint a piece of scrap cardstock to create my own watercolored boarder that matched the rest of the layout. I adhered that along those edges and called this layout done! It really came together quite quickly! Here are a few close ups of my final project:






Here is the list of Shimmerz that I used for this layout:
Creameez Cheeky Pink
Creameez Berry Hot
Coloringz Pink Stilettos
Coloringz Ahoy Matey

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

DON'T FORGET! 
Mention my name in the comments section of your next order and get a free surprise product!!





No comments: