Friday, January 25, 2019

There's Snowbuddy Like You | Niki Rowland

Hey Shimmerz Fans! Niki here today and I have a layout to share that has a winter theme. These photos are from a birthday party my children went to a few weeks ago at a snow centre. They basically zoomed down a very large snow slide on giant rubber rings - how much fun is that!

As I've been in Florida for most of December and quite a bit of January...I don't have many winter photos yet so I was delighted to have these snowy ones so I could get all frosty with my Shimmerz paints!


There are so many awesome shades of blue paint in the Shimmerz store! I picked out six and applied them to the bottom of my layout using the packaging technique.

I've used:

I'm learning that to get a fabulous water colour effect background, the trick is to use several different shades of the same colour. This is demonstrated by how well this blue area turned out on this layout! It also doesn't matter too much if the colours mix together a little...becuase they are all just shades of the same colour, no muddy mixing this way.


I added lots of splatters in the same colours. I made a snowy hill for the bottom of my layout just by tearing white dotty cardstock. I kept holding this piece up against the water colour area I was working on to check for size. Amazingly I didn't get any blue fingerprints on it!

Once my background was dry I could start to assemble the rest of the layout. I used shades of blues and greens to add layers behind my photo. I bordered the whole layout with a dark blue border and I added lots of snowflakes, embellishments and sequins, also all in shades of blue. I did also add some white Perspextives and some silver thread, also a couple of glittery silvery hearts...this definitely added to the snowy effect.
 

Finally I finished off with my title which I created out of two different alphabet stickers, also in shades of blue.
 

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed my wintery layout.
Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website and add my name in the comments you will recieve a free gift.

Happy scrapping xx 






No comments: