Saturday, January 26, 2019

Fun & Vibrant Layout by Lorilei Murphy

Hello friends! For this layout I got out my stash of Crate Paper Wild Heart to have some fun with the gorgeous purples, pinks, and blue of the Shimmerz Paints I selected!  Full disclosure- I have made my fair share of messed up backgrounds with paints and mists, and I have learned to use colors that are harmonious vs. contrasting when I want to make a pretty page!  I knew I wanted to use the FUN letters, so I used them to choose my colors!



I started with a white background and applied gesso.  My first color to go down was Sweet Heart Vibez using the packaging technique (spray mist onto plastic packaging - flip packaging onto a background- smush), and I also added some pink splatters using the tube and a tapping motion.  I usually start with the lightest color of a set I have chosen so I can build the color up.  Next, I used the same methods to apply the Frost Bite, such a gorgeous color and it has lots of shimmer!  I added the blue next to the pink spots, overlapping slightly so that it would make a new purple color.



I let everything dry and used the Vivacious Violet spray next, I only added splatters and drops with it, so that the purple wouldn't over power the nice mix of pink and blue.  It is a lovely shade and added just the right pop of color!  Once all the paint had dried, I started layering all my scrap items.  I used a white floral cut file under my photo to give it some nice definition against the painted background.



Most times I find that the paint puddles help to dictate where the photos and design will end up on a layout.  I embellished the left side of my photo and then added more embellishments in a vertical line with the photo.  As I added die cuts, I found the shiny gold Wild Heart photo reel embellishment and thought the gold was a perfect addition to add sparkle and glam.  I got out my Old Yeller Inklingz and added gold splatters in the vertical line.



Thanks for joining me today!  I hope your next project is full of messy, painty fun!

Supplies used:  Sweet Heart Vibez / Frost Bite / Vivacious Violet / Old Yeller

No comments: