Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Mandala colorful layout | Rocío López

Hi!!


Rocío here with another blog post and process video for Shimmerz Paints as part of their YouTube Education Team. For this publication I've created a scrapbook page or layout and I really love how it turn out.  


As you can see, the background is super colorful and vibrant and this is what I wanted! To create it I've used several of my paints: Vibez, Spritz, Shimmerz and Inklingz having so much fun.  I just wanted to play and that is what I did.


I chose a white cardstock for my base page and I added a coat of gesso before apply the paints to protect the cardstock.

Yoy can see that the page have some wrinkles even with the gesso, that it's very difficult to avoid because the water moinstens the paper. 


I used a mandala free cut file from Paper Issues and I cut it from white cardstock using my Silhouette machine to highlight from the background.


To add a couple of layers behind the picture I picked on the Graphic Love collection, from Gigi Et Moi. The rest of the decoration is also from this same collection. 


I kept the decoration very simple, I just added a few banners, a flair button, some thread and a few more elements.


Now I leave you with the process video and you can see how easy it is to make.




SUPPLIES 

VIBEZ: Deep Blue Sea, Rose Gold Red, Jeni B Blue, Sweet Heart. 
SHIMMERZ: Sunny, Coal, Key Lime. 
INKLINGZ: Lover's lips, Green Goddess, Precious Posey. 
SPRITZ: Chick-a-dee, Cotton Candy. 


Thank you so much for stopping by! 

No comments: