Thursday, July 5, 2018

Starry Eyed - A Layout from Samantha Robles

Hi friends! I'm so excited I'm back again sharing a new layout process using some of my fave Shimmerz Products. This layout is probably my favorite I've done so far. But boy, it about did me in a time or two. Once it was finished though, it was love at first sight.
I started with this adorable cut file from Paige Evans. Hands down, a new favorite of mine. Once my file finished up, I kept all the tiny stars and separated them into different places so that way I could have a wide variety of color. I picked 4 of my favorite Shimmerz Sprays:
Jeni B Blue (BLUE)
Sweet Heart (PINK)

Once my stars are all dry and set up, I began the paper piecing part. This is the most time consuming part, so have a good Netflix show or Playlist playing in the background. It took me maybe an hour and a half to get the stars glued and set up.
I then added these ADORABLE paper butterflies from Hobby Lobby's Easter line. I've been hiding them away for something special. This layout was that something special. I then added little bits and pieces from Doodlebugs Summer Line and the bigger pink bird is from American Crafts. With the finishing touch of Amy Tangerines Blue glitter stickers, I sat there like "Yes, yes yes!" Like I said, time consuming a little bit but so good for the soul.

Thanks for coming back by! You can follow me right HERE on Instagram, and while you're at it, follow Shimmerz Paints right HERE too.

Thanks everyone!



No comments: