Friday, June 29, 2018

Precious Moments | Niki Rowland



Hiya Shimmerz Fanz! Niki here with you today with this layout that I've created by making a messy background and also colouring a cut file.

I started off by making the water colour style background using various colours of Vibez: Sweet Heart, Pop Art Pink and Jeni B Blue, and one Spritz in Cotton Candy. I Also added watered down Dazzlerz Sea U in the Morning' and Tutti Frutti, both with the packaging technique in the same way as I added the sprays.


I set the background aside to dry and then set about colouring the cut file. I simply used my finger to apply Dazzlers and Texturez straight from the jars. I used Tutti Frutti, Dreamscicle, Crushed Coral and Sea U in the Mornin'. I also mixed Tutti Frutti and Dreamsicle together to form a new colour and added that too. I coloured the whole of the cut file, but kept the colours as pale as possible.

While that was drying, I fussy cut half-heart shapes to back-fill the cut file with. I didn't back fill every openeing as I wanted some of the background to show through the cut file.

I then added the cut file over the background but the bright pink was a little too bright so I then arranged my photos and a frame onto my layout over that bright area to dull it down a bit! I added lots of embellishments and that dark tag to bring in the dark colour of my little girl's uniform.

Thanks so much for joining me today - there is a process video of this layout too which you can view below.


Products used: 
Vibez: Jeni B Blue, Sweet Heart, Pop Art Pink
Spritz: Cotton Candy
Dazzlerz: Sea U in the Mornin', Tutti Frutti, Dreamsicle
Texturez: Crushed Coral 
Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz website, put my name in the comments and you will recieve a free gift.

Happy scrapping xx



No comments: