Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A Faith-based Work by Sandi ~ For You ~

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

Hello, Shimmerz Paints fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing another Design Team project for this month. 
This was one of those projects that sort of changed mid-stream. It was not until I chose my title chipboard from Creative Embellishments that I realized my creative time needed to be a time of prayer and reflection while creating.

You see,  this wee granddaughter is on the mission field with her parents in Shell, Ecuador ... and I felt a kinship in the way she looked out into the distance at waters's edge.  I prayed for their safety, their work and that I would have the same courage they do to spread the word of God.  Conversely, it was an evening spent claiming God's promise that our future is in His Hands, in fact He has already planned it.  We need only to follow where He leads. 



I've used some 49 and Market paper "Cottage Life"  along with a mix of flowers from my stash. Initially, I was looking for blue flowers but quickly realized the blue tones are actually more purple. But that was nice because then I had a familiar color scheme going. 



My papers were primed with white gesso and then I colorized around my photo cluster with Going Peach Side and Olive U Truly.  May chipboard title was painted with Royal Grape, then dabbed with gesso to blend. 



I used 2 different colors for my splattering: Lilac Blossom and Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz. This created a beautiful effect for the primary design as well as helped blend it upward toward the printed florals on the upper left. 



I fussy cut a basket from the Cottage Life collection and added a few blooms. Of course, I've added my computer generated scripture reference. There is some random stamping for depth and a few ivory pearls for texture. 



Loved finishing up with some art stones to produce a sand effect and then this one shell. 



The butterflies were also fussy cut. and popped for dimension. 
This is a good view of the Going Peach Side! 


Just a close-up of the title work done in Royal Purple.

I guess that is about it for me today.
Thanks for coming by!
Don't forget to include my name Sandi when you place an order for a free surprise product.

Shimmerz Products used:
Going Peach Side
Olive U Truly
Royal Grape
Lilac Blossom
Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz

Creative Embellishments Products used:
Crazy for You word set.

See you next time!



3 comments:

Debbie Sherman said...

Gorgeous as always Sandi.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Thanks, Debbie!

Purple Diva 6 said...

This is so Beautiful 🌺🐝💕💜💚💛