Did you hear that gypsy Shimmerz Siren call out to you?
Yep, that was me, Joyce.
I’m going to show you how to apply some gypsy/bohemian style
to your art today using Shimmerz Paints.
I have been enchanted by Gypsy genre and bohemian art styles lately,
so I thought I’d take those feelings and put them on paper.
I adored the movement in the girls dance!
And, I thought I could create such movement with some art products.
- Applications of stencil and Shimmerz Texturez Tidy Widy were applied over various areas on the 9 x 12 watercolor paper.
- Then a heat gun was applied over the textured product and allowed to rise, bubble and burst which rendered a lacy look.
- On top of the stenciled work, drops of Shimmerz Paint colors were applied, and I quickly added drops of water over the paint colored drops. After this application, I allowed the color to dry completely before apply several other colors using the same technique.
- Once all the colors of paint dried thoroughly, I applied a white art pen over the raised stencil work to make it look like a lacy appearance.
And what’s a gypsy girl without her baubles and chains?
- Some Inglingz Brass Knuckles was applied over the chipboard chains and then some white art pen markings were added to each bead in the chain.
- I gently swiped some Shimmerz Celery over the chain.
- Some gesso and Shimmerz Key Lime were lightly applied over the metal flower charms.
Spritz – Chance of Rain, 4 Leaf Clover, Plum Pudding
Vibez – Plum Tuckered Out, Blushing Bride
Shimmerz – Celery, Berry-licious, Orchid-stra, Key lime
Inkglingz- Brass Knuckles
Texturez – Tidy Widy
Listen for my Irish Shimmerz Siren call to bring you back on March 15th,