Sunday, February 26, 2017

Gypsy Soul


Did you hear that gypsy Shimmerz Siren call out to you?
Yep, that was me, Joyce. 
I’m going to show you how to apply some gypsy/bohemian style
to your art today using Shimmerz Paints.


 I have been enchanted by Gypsy genre and bohemian art styles lately, 
 so I thought I’d take those  feelings and put them on paper.
I adored the movement in the girls dance!
And, I thought I could create such movement with some art products.

  • Applications of stencil and Shimmerz Texturez Tidy Widy were applied over various areas on the 9 x 12 watercolor paper.
  • Then a heat gun was applied over the textured product and allowed to rise, bubble and burst which rendered a lacy look. 
  • On top of the stenciled work, drops of Shimmerz Paint colors were applied, and I quickly added drops of water over the paint colored drops.  After this application, I allowed the color to dry completely before apply several other colors using the same technique.
  • Once all the colors of paint dried thoroughly, I applied a white art pen over the raised stencil work to make it look like a lacy appearance.

And what’s a gypsy girl without her baubles and chains? 
  • Some Inglingz Brass Knuckles was applied over the chipboard chains and then some white art pen markings were added to each bead in the chain.
  • I gently swiped some Shimmerz Celery over the chain. 
  • Some gesso and Shimmerz Key Lime were lightly applied over the metal flower charms.

 Shimmerz Products:
 Spritz – Chance of Rain, 4 Leaf Clover, Plum Pudding
Vibez – Plum Tuckered Out, Blushing Bride
Shimmerz – Celery, Berry-licious, Orchid-stra, Key lime
Inkglingz- Brass Knuckles
Texturez – Tidy Widy



Listen for my Irish Shimmerz Siren call to bring you back on March 15th,



6 comments:

Melissa Larson said...

Fantastic!

Melissa Larson said...

Fantastic!

Dortesjs said...

Waue Love Love- great colouring and layers and texture so bright. ;O))

Paper Attic said...

Pure loveliness....awesome colors and so delicate, love it xo

Lisa aka Raining said...

Beyond stunning Joyce!

Astrid Maclean said...

Love the amazing gypsy feel to this piece, - stunning!!