Sunday, June 19, 2016

A very Special Occasion a project by Astrid

Hello all and welcome to the blog today. I have a card to share with you today, made for a very special occasion. You can read about it all HERE, and I really hope you will!!!

Anyway, here is my card.
Recently I had the idea to try and see whether Shimmerz paints would work on a Gelli plate, and I am very happy to say they do!! The background to this card was created on a the small 6 x 6 Geli plate.
I started by brayering some Teal Me No Lies Texturez and then I mixed in some Dazzler in Spun Sugar.
I pulled my print and the result was a beautifully textured shimmering blue. I lay a Prima stencil over the top and gave it a couple of sprays of Vibez Don't Rain on My Parade and voila the result was the background above.
I cut a tag from a piece of Pion paper, Inked around the edges with some Distress Inks, gave a a few spritzes of Spritz in Rock-a -Fella Blue for some subtle shimmer, stamped my dandylions and then put it all together on my card. Below are a few close ups still.

Sentiment stamped, fussy cut and adhered with foam tape.

Butterfly stamped in Hydrangea Archival and coloured with the Rock-a-Fella Spritz.
Well, that's it for today. I hope you will check out the link at the top to see who the card is for, and it would be awesome if you made a card for this girl too.

Thanks for your visit like always

8 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautiful , special card Astrid, all the blues together , so beautifull , I love tyour background, and your amazing tag!!! Everything gits so well together!! I just love it!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Annie said...

A stunning birthday card that will be treasured for sure x love the background and colour combination. Fabulous tag too beautifully pieced together
TFS and hugs
Annie x

Marisa Job said...

Another beautiful creation!! Love it!

Dorthe said...

A stunning card Astrid, and for a most wonderful cause , this girl will be smiling so happy when opening up your envelope, with the gorgeous Happy Birthday greeting ! xox

experiments in paper said...

A lovely card that I know the recipient will adore! Your background is exquisite....love that gel plate bit with one of my favorite Prima stencils! Gorgeous use of all of these great products! xxx Lynn

Kathy Bradley said...

Astrid - your card is exquisite. My heart broke for the young lady when I read about her 18th birthday party. I will be sending a card. Thanks for sharing the information.

rachel said...

really pretty Astrid - love the layering and the colour xx

Mogsy said...

What a lovely card Astrid. You have inspired me to send Hallee a card also for her birthday. Your card is so beautiful. I have included a butterfly on my card also so I hope she likes butterflies! Take care and thanks for sharing the info etc xx