Monday, June 20, 2016

Today & Always

Hey there!  Missy here today, and I have a new layout to share using lots of fun Shimmerz goodies!  I recently did a Shimmerz Short tutorial on how to use a brayer to apply paints and sprays to your paper.  I decided to create a layout using a brayer with the original Shimmerz Paints.

I started with white cardstock with no gesso added.  I used four different colors including Tickle Me Turquoise, Key Lime, Bubblegum Blast & Orange Sherbet.  It's so easy to get this look.  You simply spread a little bit of the paint onto some plastic packaging, lightly roll your brayer through it and then lightly roll the brayer over your paper in different directions.  I didn't press hard at all, and I got a really cool background.  The good thing about this technique is that it doesn't take much paint, and because of that, your paper hardly warps.


I love how this looks!  I came in with some Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue and No Yoking and some Vibez Jeni B Bleu and added some splatters.  The embellishments I used on this layout are from a variety of brands and collections.  I call it a "using whatever is in the bin on my desk" type of layout ;)


These chipboard frames are from Crate Paper The Pier.  The round stickers are from Evalicious.  The flair button is from A Flair For Buttons, and the gold glitter hearts are from Studio Calico.  I made the pink/coral colored hearts in a recent Shimmerz Shortz video showing how to use sprays on vellum.


Here's another vellum heart.  I added some washi tape from my stash, some tangled thread and a few few puffy hearts.  See how thin the paint looks on the background?  That is what the brayer does...it sort of gives you the thinnest layer of the paint.  It dries super fast this way so you're able to layer other colors quickly.


Here's the top of the page...more beautiful color!


I added in some ribbon from my stash, and this "today" piece is actually the outline of a sticker that I had already used.  I just fussy cut around the edges of the sticker sheet and glued it down.  I finished the title with a gold glitter ampersand and some Target $1 Spot alpha stickers.  This layout is literally an "everything but the kitchen sink" type of page :D


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope it inspires you to try a brayer!



Here are the products I used:  Shimmerz--Tickle Me Turquoise, Key Lime, Bubblegum Blast, Orange Sherbet; Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue, No Yoking; Vibez--Jeni B Bleu; Spritz--Cotton Candy; Inklingz--Good as Gold


Here is the first layout I created using the brayer and some Shimmerz.  I show you how I make this background in Shimmerz Shortz #43.  This is another page full of random bits from my desk...MAMBI Project Life cards & stickers, some stamping, Thickers, a flair button and puffy stickers.



Here's the quick tutorial of this background being created.


 Here's the layout I created using the vellum hearts I mentioned earlier.  I show how you can create a whole lot of texture using vellum, a little bit of white acrylic paint and some Shimmerz sprays.



See how you get that awesome crinkly effect?  If you love texture on your pages, give this a try!




Here's the Shimmerz Shortz that shows you how to make these.


I hope you find some cool ideas in these projects and videos!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous week!


No comments: