Saturday, June 18, 2016

Crazy mixed media layout.

Hello. Felicity here today with a fun crazy layout!

Sometimes you just have to try something different.
Aren't I glad I did.

For this page, I will be honest, I didn't really have any real direction.
No clue actually.
All I knew I wanted to do was create a 'crossword' type background. I had all these awesome words and letter in a bowl on my desk, so I simply spelt words that describe my boy.

Products used: Vibez Dont rain on my Parade, Jeni B Bleu, Deep Blue Sea
                        Coloringz  Heidi Ho Blue
                        Aqua Huez, Blue in away and Crazy Daisy. 
I then added some gesso to white wash it and make it a surface for mixed media.


I then started spraying Vibez and some colouringz. I let it dry in between and then used a baby wipe to wipe some away, then sprayed more and so on, till I was happy.

I then started building my page. I wanted to add lots of circles and elements that represent his character. Its bit of a clown at times and never sits still.

I then added some Dazzerlz to the clouds.

I felt a few of the words from the background were hiding too much, so here's what I came up with.
I dipped a lead pencil, you could use a tooth pick or skewer if you want too, in the Aqua Huez and started using it like a water colour pencil.


I think it turned out pretty cool.

I finished with some splatters.



There you have it.
A messy crazy layout that represents my son personality.


1 comment:

blbabe1234 said...

Really awesome mixed media layout! Love the techniques