Sunday, May 15, 2016

Under the Sea Fun with Gabrielle!



Hi All, It's Gabrielle here with you today to share with you my latest mixed media canvas using some new Shimmerz products that I am totally in LOVE with!  Have you tried the newest reformulated Shimmerz Paint pots?  


These newest selection of Shimmerz paints are so incredibly shimmery and pigmented!!  You get crazy rich color....I picked up all the colors and just love them!  I also picked up the newest colors in the Shimmerz Spritz....for this project I used the 'See Ya Latte' Spritz and 'Walkin' a tight Heliotrope' Spritz (the Cold as Ice Vibez I already had in my stash).


For this project I made a whimsical octopus out of Sculpey baking clay (step by step shown in the video)....and I used some Dusty Attic chipboard to bring the design together. So grab yourself your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy!.....


I hope you all enjoyed my video tutorial and picked up some tips in creating your own Under the Sea canvas.  Remember I'm always happy to answer any questions and love to hear your feedback on the project!  Here are a few close-ups of the project that you can enjoy at your leisure....


I used seed beads (Prima - Licorice) to blend the octopus legs into the background design of the canvas.  The design was meant to be whimsical so you only see part of  the octopus moving onto the canvas (I know of course, an octopus has 8 legs, lol!)


I always like to use a variety of Dusty Attic chipboard to help create my little vignettes on my canvases, I feel like they help tell the story.  Before I applied my chipboard frame I added some aqua and turquoise sequins to add extra shimmer and sparkle to the project.


Another thing I always try to remember when creating a canvas is that this project will be viewed from many angles, so you want to make sure that you cover all areas of your project with color.


And finally here is a top view of the project.  I hope you enjoyed watching my tutorial and learning about how this project came together.  I always love to hear your comments and feedback.  Thanks for popping in today!

If you would like to order the paints and sprays used in this project, you can find them all at the Shimmers Paints Store  NOTE: Be sure to mention my name to get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints Product (in the color of your choice) in your next order!


6 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

What an absolutely amazing piece!! A true labour of love, wow, - the colours are completely amazing and I love the polymer work!! Stunning!!

OK said...

ВОСТОРГ!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Astrid! 💗💗

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much! xo

Dottie said...

I so enjoyed watching you create this fantastic art piece. It is an absolute masterpiece in mixed media. It prompted me to try my own but on a much simpler scale. The results were nothing like yours but it left me wanting to try more of this art style. My granddaughter loved it! That's what really counted! Thanks for sharing your projects with us Gabrielle.