Saturday, May 14, 2016

Alter Frame with Felicity


Hello. Felicity here today.

I wanted to share with you a little alter photo frame that I did for mothers day here in Australia.

I saw this horrid pink frame at the dollar store. I loved the frame but not the colour. So I bought and new I could give it a new lease of life.


I started with a few coats of gesso. By the end you could still see a little of the pink and that was totally ok.

Then I started working magic with Shimmerz.

Products used: Creameez: Ride the Tide
                        Inklingz: Blue Lagoon/Corny flower blue
                        Aqua huez: Rockin' Robin 

I started off with the ligthest colour first and a fairly wet brush. I did this all around the frame.
Once that dried I then used a dark shade and a little less water to start to get some of the detail of the frame to show and add depth in the colour.



There was no hard of fast rule, just apply colour till your happy.

I then add a few embellishments and a photo.

Now it looks so pretty sitting on my piano.



A beautiful frame with a new lease of life.

Dont you love Shimmerz!

No comments: