Monday, September 7, 2015

Cute & Happy Layout With Irit

Hi! Irit here and I'm so excited to share my first project as part of the Shimmerz team! 
One of the hard decisions us crafters have to make is which colors to choose for our project. I find it easy to match my colors to the collection I know I want to use and that's just what I did for this layout (doesn't it look scrumptious??)-


Here's my finished layout-


I started with this cute patterned paper by Crate Paper Wonder collection as my background. I knew I wasn't going to use a lot of water so I didn't prime the paper with anything. Using the packaging a.k.a. the smooshing technique (shown in the video) I applied Vibez in Egg Noggin' and Glorious Day (two lovely golden shimmery sprays, Glorious Day is a touch darker and deeper and I used it for the splatters all over the layout as well), Coloringz in Oh Say Can You Sea (beautiful flat aqua shade) and Spritz in Caribbean Sunset (gorgeous warm orange pinkish red). 
Once these were dry I added some Dazzlers in Coral Me Crazy (a soft peachy shimmery paste) and Texturez in Patina (perfect mint!!) through a stencil for a tone on tone effect. You can find all these goodies in the Shimmerz store!
You can see exactly how I created this layout and background in the process video-


All the papers and embellishments are from the Wonder collection by Crate Paper. Here are some detail shots-





Thanks so much for visiting and I'll be back next month with a new project!


2 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Hi Irit, welcome to the team! Your LO looks fabulous!!

Just wanted to let you know that I tried to watch the video, but it won't let me, it says it's private.... Maybe something needs to be changed there? Might just be me, but I thought I'd let you know anyway...

Nadyunya olenadole said...

oooooh!!! Thank you for inspirations!!!!