Sunday, February 1, 2015

Off the Page with Amy Prior...double take

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all again today to share a couple of recent off the page creations that I have made using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Paints. 

First up I have this tiny little shadow box to share that was created using the packaging from Prima Marketing Wood Icons. I have sprayed the raw wood firstly with some Shimmerz Coloringz in Don't Be Suede Color before adding some chunks of Shimmerz Texturez in Gold Mine randomly here and there to look like random chunks of wet and shimmery sand.


The next step was to layer lots of gorgeous flowers among some leaves and cheesecloth and then finally some gorgeous Prima Marketing Shabby Resin Shells to finish off the little clusters. The shells and crabs were a little too stark white for me so I have added some Shimmerz Spritz paints in Treasured Hymn as well as some Shimmerz Coloringz in Oh Say Can You Sea colors using a paint brush. Finally I have sprayed a Prima Marketing Resin Frame using Shimmerz Coloringz in Heidi Ho Blue & Oh Say Can You Sea colors plus some Shimmerz Spritz in Treasured Hymn Color. Once this was dry, I have added the frame to the little photo of my daughters and friends at the beach exploring and I Have added this to the last square of the shadow box where I had no flowers etc. 


The next project that I have to share with you all today is a frame for an old professional photo that I had lying around of my daughter. I have a giant pile of large professional photos from when my eldest was a baby that unfortunately do not fit on my walls in the house so they have been in a pile for years and getting ruined. I figured it was time to make something out of them for my daughter's to share or for gifts for grandparents. To decorate this frame, I have firstly painted the entire frame with some black Gesso to prep the raw MDF surface. Next step was to add some stencilling to the frame using some Shimmerz Dazzlerz paint in Licorice Stix Black color. 


Once the swirly stencilled pattern was dry, I have sprayed some various Shimmerz sprays over the top of the black including Shimmerz Coloringz in Heidi Ho Blue, Pink Stilleto & Oh Say Can You Sea, plus I have also sprayed Shimmerz Vibez in Princess & Grape Escape colors. The gorgeous colors in this project were inspired by Mia's bedroom that is currently being decorated in Pretty Peacock shades and a touch of pink. Mia is just about to turn 8 and feels like she has outgrown the princesses and fairies that adorn her bedroom now. Mia also got to pick this photo of herself to adorn her new bedroom decor. 


Shimmerz Paint Products used in these projects include...
Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Licorice Stix color,
Shimmerz Texturez in Gold Mine color,
Shimmerz Coloringz in Heidi Ho Blue, Pink Stilleto, Oh Say Can You Sea & Don't Be Suede colors,
Shimmerz Vibez in Princess & Grape Escape colors,
Shimmerz Spritz in Treasured Hymn color.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today and don't forget to checkout all the gorgeous new release products from Shimmerz over in our retail store here. Don't forget also to add my name to the Comments to Merchant section when checking out using Paypal to receive a free gift. 

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx


No comments: