Monday, February 2, 2015

Tags to Art Journaling, Creative Play Time with Creameez!

Hello and Happy Monday!  Tina here today with a fun project that will expand your creative play!  I will be using the new Shimmerz Creameez, gorgeous satin watercolors!  They are delicious and so beautiful!

Quite often, when I either want to try a new design technique or simply want to get my hands covered in paint, I pull out some tags and play!  When I received the new Creameez, I knew I needed to play with them Pronto!  so out came the tags!

Starting with tags of 3 different sizes, I pre-gessoed them before I started.


To change things up a bit, I dry embossed the 2 smaller tags, using 2 different embossing folders.  I would typically use a stencil and paste to create immediate texture, but this was a fun and different way to play!



I picked out 3 colors of Creameez and gave them each a spritz.  I then painted the 2 smaller tags.  Gorgeous, satiny color!


For a different look, I stenciled the largest tag, with Dazzelerz.



Then painted it with Creameez, to coordinate to my other 2 tags.  Done!







So, now what?  What do I do with my tags??  I could put them in my 'tag drawer'.  Yes, I have a drawer dedicated to tag creations.  You never know when you might need (or want) one of these beauties!  But...I wanted to create something else NOW!  How about an Art Journal page?  How about a Grid Art Journal page!  Who doesn't love grids!!

So I cut my tags into randomly sized squares and rectangles, and arranged them in a grid on my page.



For more interest and texture, I machine stitched each section in place.


In the area I intentionally left blank, I painted it with Creameez and added my journaling quote.  A few doodles around the outside edge and complete!







Creative problem solved!  I got to play with a new product, and create a finished project!  Perfect!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Shona said...

this is so cool..makes me want to try it :) and I might :)