Saturday, January 31, 2015

Legoland - A layout with Karine

Hi there,

Hope the end of the month finds you well.

I'm here today to share with you a layout I made with a color scheme that's completely outside of my comfort zone. I tend to work mostly with cold colors, greys and white. I went the opposite way with this one. I was inspired by the color of this gigantic giraffe that stands outside of Legoland near Boston.


My first step was to choose my base: an old Fancy Pants paper (Sunbeam, from the Happy Go Lucky collection). I entirely covered it with clear gesso. I then chose a Tim Holtz Stencil (Crocodile Layering) that reminded me of the dots on the giraffe's body. I applied modelling paste through the stencil. Once dry, I coloured it using Spritz in Tuscan Sun (of course!) and Treasure Hymn.


I stacked a few papers on top of my background.


I chose two Blue Fern Studio chipboards and covered them with gesso. Once the gesso was dry, I painted them with three Shimmerz colors: Sunflower, Marigold and Wed Wagon.


I did the same with an old giraffe chipboard.



A few touches of Shimmerz here and there, almost in Wed Wagon, to add a bit of red in the background. Here are a few close-ups for you to see the gorgeous color and shine.







Here is the final layout again.


Don't forget to mention my name when ordering, Stacey will include something free in your order! :)

Hope that it inspired you.


No comments: