Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Heart Can't Resist the Vibez

It's been a month since Valentine's Day has passed, but our feelings and all things that inspire us are timeless, are they not? Well, today I'd like to share a heartfelt project that I created using some Razzle Dazzle Berry and Before Dawn Vibez.


For this project, I used a Maya Road chipboard heart box which originally had a sheer, semi-opaque insert on the box top. I replaced it with a piece of clear acrylic so that the patterned paper could be seen from the top of the box. I wanted a nice textured border for the box top so I decided to try a resist technique. I stamped the top with a Papertrey Ink damask stamp and white pigment ink. I quickly embossed it with white embossing powder, and once it cooled, I sprayed it with Before Dawn Vibez. I wiped away the excess spray from the embossed images, and it resulted in a nice, shimmery distressed look that I love! I also sprayed the bottom of the heart box with Before Dawn Vibez to match and adhered a piece of Teresa Collins patterned paper inside. Next, I adhered a length of lace around the box top for added texture and interest.


For the flowers, I sprayed Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez onto three small Prima flowers, painted the centers with white gesso, and added Prima rhinestones to the centers.


For the large flower, I die cut the petals from crepe paper using a Sizzix poinsettia die, sprayed them with Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez, assembled the petals into a flower, and painted the center with some Before Dawn Vibez. The crepe paper flower was topped with a Prima flower which was sprayed with Razzle Dazzle Berry, painted with some gesso, and embellished with a large rhinestone for the center. Finally, I added some Prima crystal swirls to complete the box.

Consider trying a resist technique the next time you use some Shimmerz Vibez! Pardon the pun, but it really wasn't hard to resist doing so on this project! ;-D

Thank you so much for joining me today!

2 comments:

Samantha McElyea said...

Oh, Christine! I LOOOVEE what you did!

Stac said...

This is so delicate and feminine. It's beautiful!