Saturday, October 5, 2024

Cute & Creepy Halloween | Melissa Minor | October 2024 Color Kitz

 

Hi crafty friends! Melissa Minor here on the blog for the Shimmer Paints design team. I have a cute & creepy Halloween scrapbook layout for you today. I’ve used the October 2024 Color Kitz. It’s full of Halloween themed paper and ephemera. The photos I’m documenting are of me and my boyfriend Dale from last Halloween. We went to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin. Of course we had to snap a few photos in front of the amazing pumpkin wall display they had.


The cut file “Halloween Bunting” I used is from PearTree Cutfiles. You can find it here: https://www.peartreecutfiles.co.uk/product/halloween-bunting/ 



My layout came together rather quickly. I used several of the patterned papers from the kit and lots of the ephemera. I was really excited to add a layer of cheesecloth behind my photos. I think that’s a must have for Halloween layouts. I finished the layout by adding some paint splatter using Dandy Lion-Creameez. You can also see the paint I added to the eyes to make them look like they were glowing.


I have a process video over on YouTube. It is linked down below. If you haven't seen the kit, check out my unboxing video too!

You can shop the Shimmerz Paints website here: https://www.shimmerzpaints.com/collections

*Leave my name (Melissa Minor) in the comments section of your order to receive a free jar of paint.




















No comments: