Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Spooky Fun Halloween Cards | October Color Kitz | Brandy Vaughn

 

Hello, friends! I love Halloween. It is my absolute favorite holiday. However, I don't have a single Halloween photo left to scrap. So I thought making cards for you this time would be fun.


For this first card, I used the following:
4.25x5.5 card base
4.25x5.5 plaid background
4x5.25 black cardstock
star stencil
texture paste
Shimmerz in Celery
a few pieces of ephemera from the kit

I mixed a little Shimmerz in with the texture paste and used the stencil to add some stars to my black cardstock. Once that was dry, I layered all of the pieces together and this one was complete.


For this second card, I used the following:

4.25x5.25 card base
4.25x5.25 black cardstock
approximately 4.215x4.125 patterned paper
Colorings in Vivacious Violet
glitter alphas
foam dots
ephemera from the kit
paintbrush

This was a very simple card to create. I began by using a paintbrush to paint the Colorings over the entire piece of spiderweb-patterned paper. Once it was dry, I glued it on top of the black cardstock. Then I glued down the haunted house, added foam dots to the back of the bat, and placed it on top, then added the number 31 to the left of the house. And that completes this card.


For the final card, I used the following:

5.5x4.25 card base
5.5x4.25 piece of polka-dot paper
4.625x3.5 piece of smooth white cardstock
polka dot embossing folder
black ink
ink blending tool
Creameez in Dandy Lion
paintbrush
ephemera from the kit

I began this card by running the white cardstock through the embossing folder. Then I used a paintbrush and splattered on the Creameez. Next, I used a blending tool to add black ink around the edges. I glued that to the center of the orange polka-dot paper. I finished it off by adding some ephemera pieces and stickers from the kit.


I hope you are inspired to use the October Color Kitz from Shimmerz Paints to create your own Halloween cards this season. Remember, if you place an order, add my name to the comments section and Shimmerz will send you a FREE paint product! 
 
xoxo
Brandy



I


No comments: