Friday, April 5, 2024

A Dry Brush Blending Technique That You Have Got To Try | Brandy Vaughn | April Color Kitz


Hello, friends! It was love at first sight. As soon as I opened my April Color Kitz from Shimmerz I knew I was going to have so much fun! I had to dive in right away to create this simple, colorful mixed media layout. You all should give this one a try! 



I began by covering smooth white cardstock with gesso. Once it was dry, I dipped a dry paintbrush into a little bit of Vibez-Blue Jeans and applied it to the center of the page in a circular pattern. 


Then I repeated the process with Coloringz-Well Blue Me Down, Coloringz-Sunny Side Up (kit only color), and Creameez-Piggy Pink in that order. I overlapped each color so they would blend to create this pretty rainbow effect. I added a second coat to deepen and blend the colors a bit more. It dried very quickly so I had to work sort of fast to get the colors to blend. 


My next step was to roughly cut the mixed portion out in a circle and distress the edges. I took that to my sewing machine and stitched a wonky spiral in the center to firmly attach that to my background paper. (I used a small amount of adhesive to keep it in place while I sewed.) I had previously cut my title out with my Cricut so I decided to paint it with Shimmerz-Peaces and Cream. I LOVE how the Shimmerz adds so much shine and presence to my simple title piece!


Now it's time to add my embellishments. I created a floral cluster with the super pretty flowers and leaves that come in the kit. I also added a couple of word phrases and heart stickers from the kit. And that wraps up this layout. 


I love the final result of this dry bush technique! I can think of so many ways to use this. If you would like to see how this all came together you can check out my process video here: 




Head on over to the Shimmerz Shop to check out all of the goodies that come in the April Kitz. Don't forget to add my name to your order for a FREE paint!

xoxo

Brandy










 


No comments: