Wednesday, June 8, 2022

June 2022 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!  Brianna here today sharing a new layout using the super amazing June 2022 Color Kitz.  This kit is so bright and beautiful and is so perfect to document so many Summer memories.  Here's my layout: 


I always cut my cut file first and decided that I wanted to back it using pieces that I painted using the colors in the kit.  So while I was still in my Silhouette software, I offset the inner pieces so that they were the perfect size to back the cut file.  As soon as everything was finished cutting, I painted the flowers using the pinks (Gladiola and Moulin Rouge) and painted the leaves using the greens (Hermit the Frog and Don't Citron Me).  I did add some of the Lapis Dance Creameez to one of the flowers just to break up the pink a bit.


While I was painting each piece, I made sure to add some shading to give them all some interest.  Once they were finished drying, I backed the cut file and popped the entire piece on foam tape.  


I thought I would create a fun background by using only the Lapis Dance Creameez and the Bubblez from the kit.  I spread out some texture paste on a piece of white cardstock and carefully poured the Bubblez right on top.  I pressed them into the paste to make sure they stuck.  I could have mixed the paste with the Bubblez to create something similar to the Liquitex Glass Bead gel but I would try this technique and I love how it turned out.  Once all of the Bubblez were applied, I added the Lapis Dance right on top, added some water and painted it across the page.  


Here's another shot of the Bubblez.  I love all of that texture!


Next, I created my embellishment clusters using the Dotz from the kit as starters for each cluster.  


I used the Sunkissed collection from Cocoa Vanilla to embellish my page.  It matches so nicely with my photo as well as the Color Kit. 



Here's one last shot of this colorful layout: 


Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope that I've inspired you in some way!  Check out my process video below and make sure to add my name to the notes/comments section of all of your Shimmerz Paints orders and you'll receive a small freebie with each order you place.  See you next month friends!

Brianna













No comments: