Thursday, May 19, 2022

Hello Summer | Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz May 2022 | Lorimar Ortega

Hello Shimmerz Paints Fans!

Today's layout features the oh-so-stunning May Color Kitz (click on the name to grab it before it sells out). I decided to focus on the colors, vellum flowers, and dots for my layout, but know that there are 2 cut files included with your purchase. Also, remember to type my name (Lorimar) in the comments section of your next order to be able to receive a freebie!


Let's get started with the process. I began with a non-gessoed sheet of white cardstock and sprayed No Yolking and Palm Reader in a grid-like format; then, I splattered For Shore and Meet Me At Sunset on top. While this dried, I dove into my stash and picked out embellishments which were green, yellow, or neutral in color AND/OR had a summer-y feel to them. For an extra pop of color, I colored the vellum flowers with Palm Reader and Here I Yam.
 
The arrangement of my layout is basically a grid format with the larger photo on the upper right-hand quadrant and the smaller ones in the center and lower left hand side. The bigger embellishments were nestled into the open spaces and the rest were arranged around those. The vellum flowers were layered beneath some of the embellishments in places that needed a pop of orange and green. I was inspired by the cut files from the color kit to use up some lemons and I was so thankful that I had stashed them. Then I popped some Dots around the layout. To finish off my layout, I wrote the journaling with a green marker and added some doodles here and there as well, and splattered Here I Yam and For Shore to tie everything together.

That's it! I had loads of fun with this layout and hope that I've inspired you!
Take care,
- Lorimar 





No comments: