Saturday, October 24, 2020

Colorful Autumn | Audrey Yeager

 Hello and happy fall!!  One of my most favorite things about living the the Northeastern US is the changing of the seasons.  Our autumns are full of vibrance and color, and I wanted to capture that on my page using my Shimmerz products!



I began by covering my background patterned paper with gesso.  Then I added tried out some yellows mists as a base including Spritz in Chickadee and Tuscan Sun.  Then to deepen the shade, I added a Vibez in Rolling in the Hay. 



Using a burst pattern stencil, I then went over the yellow base with some oranges, greens, and red shades including Coloringz Mandarin Mai Tai, Vibez in Palm Reader, and a Spritz in Caribbean Sunset




To add some texture, I started with some Dazzlerz in Coral Me Crazy, and mixed in some Mandarin Mai Tai and Caribbean Sunset to make a brighter orange color.  I used a palette knife to spread it through the stencil. Finally, I added a few splatters of Coloringz in Moody Mauve.




For embellishments, I punched some leaves from colored papers, and backed a cut file for the title.  A few little clusters of some chipboard trees, some wood veneers, and journaling to top it all off!



You can watch the whole process below:



Thank you and happy fall!!

-Audrey






No comments: