Friday, October 23, 2020

I Got this Feelin' | October Color Kitz | Niki Rowland

 

 

Hey everyone, this is Niki @nikiclairecreates and I have a new layout and process video to share today using the October Color Kitz. I’ve used the cut file and made a fun Halloween layout.


 

I started with a sheet of white card and chose three colours from the October Color Kitz: Plum Pudding Spritz, Taupe of the Mornin’ Vibez and Love Ocean #9 Vibez. I love those three colours together as they really seem Halloween-y to me! I decided to go bold and intense with these colours on my layout. I therefore sprayed them directly onto my layout – I kept the spray very close which gave me really intense areas of colour. I created three distinct blocks of colour and then left them to dry.

 
 

Once dry I wrapped baker’s twine around the layout, tone on tone style. I positioned the cut file and photo onto my background. I love this month’s cut file – it’s so fun! I cut it in black and then simply placed it onto my layout without backing it, because I wanted the fabulous colours to shine through the letters. I love how the little skeleton sits on the top edge of my photo!

I added my photo together with a few layers of paper and embellishments. I added a couple of acrylic Perspextives words: Haunting in the turquoise colour, and Wicked in the purple colour. I also added an acrylic cat to the photo.

 

I fussy cut some ghosts and from a Pebbles Spoooky paper and positioned them onto my layout like they were flying around. I added a few more bits of ephemera from various Halloween collections too. I also added one of the Dotz: the black one with a ghost – perfect! And one of the cute pom pom paper clips to my photo.

I finished off with a few splatters and I also stuck on some wooden stars. I then painted those the same three colours I used on the background, using the three Shimmerz colors.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed this layout, don’t forget to check out the process video below and have an amazing Halloween!

Happy scrapping

Niki xx

@nikiclairecreates

PS don’t forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, enter my name in the comments to receive a freebie xx 

 


 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I now own a business of my own with the help of Elegantloanfirm with a loan of $900,000.00 USD. at 2% rate charges, at first i taught with was all a joke until my loan request was  process under five working days and my requested funds was transfer to me. am now a proud owner of a large business with 15 staffs working under me. All thanks to the loan officer Russ Harry he is a God sent, you can contact them to improve your business on.. email-- Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com. / Whatsapp number +393511617486