Monday, October 26, 2020

Loving This Moment - Samantha Robles

 Hi everyone! Samantha popping in to share a fun mixed media layout using some unexpected item you might find in the most ordinary of places. I'm one of those "make it work" type designers. Sometimes, the most random of finds makes for project gold. Get ready!

 I absolutely love this picture of my husband and son. I shot it really quick during our family pictures last year. Idaho Autumns are, in my opinion, some of the most beautiful ever. I started by pairing some of my new PinkFresh "Days of Splendor" ephemera pieces and sheets of paper from the Simple Stories "Cozy Days" collection. The perfect match! Once those are matched up, I wanted to find some colors in my Shimmerz stash to go along with my groove I had going. This is where you find the most random of things in unexpected places. I was walking through my all time favorite place: Target. I always browse the Bullseye's Playground, aka the dollar spot. It's my trouble place. I always come home with stuff I don't need. So the Fall stuff rolls around and there are packages of 9 piece balsa wood leaves. Price: $1.00. Normally, you'd pay 2-3x as much for that on a scrapbooking website. So my advice, ALWAYS CHECK BULLSEYE'S PLAYGROUND!

 I snagged two packaged and brought them home. I narrowed down my color choice to:
Pip-Pip Cherry-O Shimmerz
When Skies R Grey Shimmerz
Run! Forest Shimmerz
Dear John Letter Inklingz
Dandy Lion Creameez

 While my wood pieces are drying, I start tearing up my cardstock pieces. Once I have them right where I think they're perfect, I begin to add my ephemera.  I start with my flowers around my photo. Then after, begin adding my wood pieces tucked between the flowers and photo.

The final finishing touch is this adorable Dotz from a previous Color Kitz Collection that I had saved.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have the best last week in October <3


No comments: