Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Late Summer Floral layout with Samantha Robles

 Hey everyone! I hope August has treated everyone well. I'm SO ready for the Fall season. Before we jump into the new season, I needed to squeeze out one last Summer inspired layout for the season. 

I was so excited to break into my "Go The Scenic Route" Collection by Pink Paislee. I started by ripping the top and bottom part of the sheet of Paper 12. Not gonna lie, it was a little heartbreaking. But it's so worth it! After sticking it to a sheet of white cardstock, I then start by adding my photo to the center of my layout. Afterwards, I start piecing my flower ephemera pieces behind my photo. This photo is from 9 years ago when my husband and I were tiny and dating (HAHA). It's my all time favorite photo of us though. I've been saving it for some time.

 After gluing those pieces down, I start on my stamped pieces. I wanted these to be more highlighted. These flowers will look familiar to some of you. I used them in a March Color Kitz Collection layout. They're from Altenew.

The Shimmerz colors I used are the following:
Precious Posey Inklingz
Lapis Dance Creameez
Dandy-Lion Creameez
Magenta Shimmerz

Lapis Dance is one of my absolute favorites. It's an underrated color for sure. The amount of shimmer and vibrancy it added to your projects is perfection. After my paint dries, I highlight the little features of the flowers. The cutting doesn't have to be perfect when trimming them out. Messy doesn't always mean a mess. Perfection can sometimes be intimidating. Don't be afraid to color, paint or cut outside the lines.

I wanted my painted pieces to pop out more. That means we make them LITERALLY pop out with some 3D foam tape pieces.
The final touches are some awesome Dotz from the Shimmerz Shop and adding some cute polka dots around the flowers. Keeping it simple does not mean giving up that magical effect to your photos. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. Find one way to make Shimmerz help your layouts POP. Get stocked up on those fabulous transitional colors for Fall.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: