Friday, August 21, 2020

Ready For Adventure | August Color Kitz | Mixed Media Layout

 Hey there, friends!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Shimmerz Paints Blog. This is Lorimar, sharing one final Summer layout before we switch gears into Fall.

This layout was made using the super-colorful August Color Kitz, which you can grab or find out more about by clicking here. The colors and motifs were just perfect for documenting these two pictures of my youngest taken during one of his monthly photo-shoots.


Let me walk you through the process: I began by cutting out the cutfile on white cardstock. I then colored it using all the colors from the August Color Kitz and Granny Gray (click on the name to find out more). I then backed the cutfile with acetate and craft foam around the outer edge so that I could use it as a shaker pocket.
My base is a lovely yellow color which I thought was a perfect contrast to all the other colors. Using the negative from the cutfile, I sprayed the center of my base with Glorious Day and Bamboo Leaf. After removing the negative, I splattered a bit of Pop Art Pink to the base.
Once everything was dry, I emptied out the Melon Ball sequin packets unto the center of my base, glued the cutfile on top to make a huge shaker pocket, and then stuck down my photos. In order to make the background and cutfile stand out, I kept my embellishments to a minimum; added the Dotz from the Color Kit, and finally splattered some Slow Ocean and Bamboo Leaf.
That's it! Close-up are done below!

Thank you so much for reading this fair. Remember, by typing my name "LORIMAR" into the comments section of your next Shimmerz order, you'll get a freebie!
- Stay Well, Lorimar





No comments: