Friday, August 28, 2020

Shimmerz Paints Design Team Post, All My Heart, by Melissa Larson

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors!


 Photo credit: Unsplash.





To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put two or three layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape.

I coated Prima's Georgia Blue paper with clear gesso, put the layers with the photo on, then applied Prima Platinum texture paste with a small piece of a credit card,a Prima stencil.


I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso. 

I painted the mat,and corrugated, with Ultra Marine Shimmerz ,Steely Blue Eyes and Dear John Letter  Inklingz . The chipboard has Dear John on it too. 





To add visual interest I glued on Antique Linen embossing powder by Ranger, to look like sand,      micro beads, seed beads,gold leaf,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,sequins,tulle,pressed flowers, leaves,lichen,flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Reneabouquets, and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board.



At the bottom of the mat I used Precious Metal Shimmerz, and more Steely Blue Eyes.




I used a lot of different colors at the lower right of the page: Imperial AmethystBlue Lagoon,Me And Blue, Oakie Bear BlueBlue My Mind, and Green Goddess Inklingz. The Shimmerz: Pool Me Closer, Ultra Marine, and Peacock's Plume. The pink colors above are:Dear John, Coral Reef, and A Rose(By Any Other Name) Inklingz. 



I used a lot of white gesso at the bottom of the page, because things started looking too busy.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!







No comments: