Friday, April 17, 2020

Good Stuff | Niki Rowland with Process Video


Hey everyone, this is Niki (@nikiclairecreates) with you today with a new layout and process video. I have been using a selection of blues and purples to create my background.


I have used the packaging technique to make the background with the following colours: 
I used packaging to get the water colour effect but also added areas of the dark colours with my paintbrush. This was so I could apply a small amount of the dark colour and had more control. I didn't want to lose my light colours under too much dark, so using a paintbrush made that possible. 


I added lots of splatters in the same colours and then used my mixed media area as a basis for my layout. I layered up a large tag over the paint, and then added my photo to that. I then built up the elements of my layouts from there.


 I added in some wood veneer arrows. I really love to use wood veneer on my layouts becuase they take paint really well. There can therefore be adapted to suit any mixed media layout! I painted the Love This arrow in Purple Peony and the other smaller arrow in Ride the Tide.


Here's another look at the finished layout. There is also a process video for this layout which you can view below.


Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed this layout and that you also enjoy the process video. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments to get a freebie!

Happy scrapping
Niki xx





No comments: