Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Color Kitz April Collection | Brianna Lepper

Hey y'all!  Brianna Lepper here and I'm back with another layout using this months Color Kitz!  The April Collection is so pretty and is so perfect to use to document your Spring photos!  For $30.95 + shipping here's what you'll get this month!


  • Something Like Blue Inklingz: A new exclusive color to this kit. This color is a blue watercolor with a grey undertone. Much like cloudy skies on a rainy day
  • Wave of Blue Inklingz: A new exclusive color to this kit. This color is a medium denim blue jeans water color
  • Cold as Ice Vibez
  • Chick-A-Dee Spritz
  • Don't Citron Me Coloringz
  • Limoncello Shimmerz
  • 1 exclusive Sweet Rainbow cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
  • 1 package of daisy buttons
  • 1 set of "Sunshine mixed with a Little Hurricane" Dotz
  • 1 set of Shimmerz Paints Stencil with dewdrops


Here's my layout for this month!


To get started, I prepped a piece of Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock with some white gesso.  I then applied the gorgeous new colors in the kit: Waves of Blue and Someone Like Blue Inklingz.  I also splattered and painted on the Cold As Ice Vibez.  I wanted some color peeking behind the cut file!  Once it was all dry, I took the Dewdrop stencil and applied some Tidy Widy Texturez through it right on top of the blue paints. I love all of the texture!


 I then cut the cut file out on some white textured cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo 3.  As soon as it was done cutting, I knew I had to create little shakers in the hearts and that the cute Daisy Buttons from the kit needed to be added!


This cut file is very delicate, so I had to be very careful applying the thin foam tape around each heart and the Daisy Buttons are pretty thick, so I had to use 3 layers of the foam tape to make sure the Daisies and SpiegelMom Scraps sequins would be able to move and shake freely.  I went ahead and backed the rest of the rainbow in rainbow color order using a patterned paper from Paige Evans Bloom Street collection.  


Since my layout was starting to come together with the Dewdrops and the Rainbow cut file, I knew I needed a Sun!  So, I took the Chick-a-Dee Spritz and Limoncello Shimmerz and applied both to some cardstock and did the same with the Don't Citron Me Coloringz since I wanted to create some leaves with it.  I traced the sun and fussy cut it out and tucked it behind the rainbow. 


I pulled a few punches and punched out some leaves shapes from the sprayed green cardstock.  I fussy cut some floral pieces from another piece of patterned paper from Bloom Street and tucked the punched leaves here and there.  


Next, I grabbed the You Are My Sunshine Dotz and adhered 2 down onto my page.  I added some tangled thread underneath each one to give it even more texture.  


Look at all of those layers!


I then added a simple title and that finished off my layout! 


 Thank y'all so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've inspired you in some way! I truly enjoy working with the Color Kitz each month and hope that you'll tag me in the projects that you create with them!  When placing your next order, don't forget to add my name in the notes/comments section of your order and you'll receive a free gift!  

Check out my process video here











No comments: