Saturday, November 9, 2019

Snow Yeah | November Color Kitz | Natalie Dill


Hey friends!
Natalie Dill of Dillightfully Crafty here today to share some inspiration using the November Color Kitz - Winter Wonderland. How gorgeous is this unique color palette?!

The kit is $18.95 and contains
Moody Mauve Coloringz
When Skies are Grey Shimmerz
Penny 4UR Thoughts Inklingz
Mochachino Inklingz
Winter Wonderland Dotz
Snowflake Wreath cut file designed by Paige Evans!


I loved these beautiful colors, so I wanted them to shine. I decided on three bold stripes with the pinks and browns, and to let the When Skies are Grey accent on the snowflakes.

I used a chunky brush to paint stripes on a gessoed cardstock, and gave it much time to dry. To get the darker patches of colors requires the color to sit and and dry for a bit! You can see the entire process on my YouTube channel.


After the stripes dried, I added splatters atop each stripe. I used the dotz to create a visual triangle on my page. Here the brown dot is layered over a rogue snowflake from the wreath I cut, and a die cut glitter snowflake.



A black & white photo was my best bet for this kit because I didn't have much to match pinks and browns. It worked perfectly & I love it!


I love playing with the paints because you're never entirely sure how the cells will turn out - but I love them every time! Allowing paint to pool and dry without moving or soaking it up allows for these delicious color cells of different shades from the same color source. It's a great way to get different looks from your paints!


The type of background paper you choose will also impact how the paint looks on your page. In this case, since such a large portion of the page was used to showcase the kit colors, I appreciated the textured cardstock to add interest to the color stripes.


I added a rip in the paper at the top right and on the left bottom side to include a tiny bit of pink striped paper that perfectly matches the Winter Wonderland kit. It was just another way to add embellishment and interest to the page.


I hope you've been inspired on how to use the November Winter Wonderland Color Kit today - that exclusive Paige Evans cut file will be getting tons of use all winter long! 

There are still a few kits left, so make sure to grab one to create some gorgeous, unique winter projects for your scrapbook and home.




No comments: