Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October Color Challenge | Jen McMurtrey


Hello Shimmerz friends!

It's Jennifer today with my October Color Challenge project. When contemplating what color to use for the challenge, I knew that it had to be purple because it is the color I struggle with the most. 


I totally went into this blind when I asked Stacy to surprise me with a purple color . . . and, believe me, she delivered! When I opened my Shimmerz package, there were five purple shades to choose from!! Five! 

Here's a look at the Shimmerz colors I used:

To get this project started, I pulled out all of my Pinkfresh Studio stash and selected purple papers and embellishments to match my paints. I ended up using a piece of black and white floral patterned paper, which I painted using each of the purple shades. After painting the flowers, I used Creameez Get Glowing to paint all of the leaves. This was a pretty time-consuming process, but it was well worth the effort!


Once all of the paint had dried on the patterned paper, I sent it through my Silhouette Cameo using the Flowers For You cut file from Paper Issues.

While that was cutting, I added more of the purple colors to a piece of white cardstock.


Next, I went to work layering everything on the page.


Again, I chose purple embellishments from a couple of Pinkfresh collections to accent all of the beautiful Shimmerz colors.


I love all of the texture and the gold with the purple is stunning.

Here's one more look at the completed project. Despite my lack of love for purple, I am really liking how this turned out. 


Loving the colors you see here? Be sure to visit the Shimmerz shop and pick yours up today. Remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create!

- Jen




No comments: