Tuesday, October 22, 2019

So Sappy Cosmos | Ericka Strange

Hey Shimmerz fanz happy Tuesday! Ericka here with another Color Challenge card I made using So Sappy Shimmerz paints. This month the Shimmerz Design Team has been playing with the Color Challenge which was to pick a color to use on our projects that we might not typically use. I love making cards with flowers and so I challenged myself to use the So Sappy on a card I would normally use bright colors.





For this card I was trying to go for a Sepia look.




I stamped the Cosmo background stamp from Simon Says Stamp on watercolor paper withe Versafine ink and heat embossed it with some Emerald Creek Just Java embossing powder.
I used the following Shimmerz products on my card:

Flowers - I started with a base of So Sappy Shimmerz. Once it was dry I used Spiced Cider for the shading and Antique Lace for highlights. I love these colors together. For the middle of the flowers I used Bumble Bee and Pumpkin.

Background - I wanted to added a deeper brown color so used Coffee Shimmerz and added a couple spritz of Jeni B Bleu to the card as well.


For the sentiment I used the same embossing powder and finished it up with some vellum behind the sentiment.




That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget if you make a purchase on our new website, type in ERICKA in the comments and you'll receive a freebie with your order!





No comments: