Sunday, September 1, 2019

Many Thanks for Fall

Hello Again!  

Lee Ann here, with another card for you, this one with a fall vibe.  It's getting to be that time of year, 
even though it may not feel like it!  Once school has started, I am ready to break
out all things autumn!

Watercolor paper is the base of this panel.  I started with a light wash of 4 paints then let the
paints dry.  The paints I used are~


While waiting for the paint to dry, I die cut my leaf in vellum and then the skeleton of my leaf from 
a berry color cardstock.   

Once the wash of paint was dry, I adhered a A Colorful Life Stencil, which was spritzed lightly with Pixie Spray, applied a light wash of water to the panel and then  added the same four colors of paint randomly over the stencil.  Because I only used a light amount of Pixie Spray, much of the water and paint oozed under the stencil,but I decided I liked this grungier, less than perfect look.  


Because of all of the intermingling of paints, I got a lot of shimmer, even though 3 
of my paints were Creameez; Creameez are watercolor paints with just a hint of shimmer.  Pair them with the Inklingz- they are also watercolors, but they are chock full of glorious shimmer- and you get shimmer everywhere! 
  I absolutely love how this panel turned out!  
I die cut the painted panel, then adhered a matching cardstock strip, some black and white striped paper, the leaf, and sentiment with some gold thread, nested beneath it.  


I hope you have been inspired to break out your Shimmerz Paints and all things fall!  
And don't forget, the NEW Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz are in the store!  

Should you decide to do a little retail therapy at the Shimmerz Paints store, don't
forget to add my name- Lee Ann- in the comments section to receive a FREE gift.




Lee Ann 

No comments: