Saturday, August 31, 2019

NEW September Color Kitz + Layout | Missy Whidden

Hey, friends!  Missy here to share the NEW September Color Kitz...woo hoo!  They are both really beautiful.  Up first is the Missy Kit.  The price is $18.95.

The Missy Whidden Color Kit:
  • Coloringz Well Blue Me Down
  • Shimmerz Pinko de Mayo
  • Inklingz First Blush
  • Inklingz Good as Gold
  • 3 exclusive Dotz
  • Exclusive Cut File by Paige Evans


I created this page using the Missy Kit.  I started off with thick white smooth cardstock and the ampersand cut file cut on textured white cardstock.  I wanted to leave the ampersand white and add color behind it.  I coated a lot of the background with clear gesso and let it dry.  Then I used the Well Blue Me Down with some plastic packaging to add a gorgeous aqua color wash.  I decided to add some flowers on top of the cut file, so I traced the flowers and leaves on some mixed media paper, cut painted them and then cut them out.


I used Pinko de Mayo and First Blush on the flowers to create these pink colors.  I also used a bright pink gelato on the edges once the flowers were dry.  I pulled the two green colors from last month's kit to mix with Well Blue Me Down to color the leaves.  I also added in some of the Good as Gold for extra shine.  Once they dried, I machine stitched down the centers with gold thread.


To get this purple color, I mixed Well Blue Me Down with the pinks.  I also played around with a few drops of white acrylic paint to add some lighter spots.  I also added a drop of a darker pink spray from my stash...Vibez Sweetheart.


To add a few darker aqua spots on the background, I smudged a blue gelato and blended it with my fingers.  I wanted to try and match that darker color of the Dotz with the ampersand.  I did add some adhesive foam behind most of the flowers to give them some dimension.


I added more subtle detail with some vellum flowers.  I just eyeballed it and cut them by hand to scatter around the page.  I topped the centers of them with some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  Here's a look at one of the other Dotz.


Before I glued the big cut file down, I machine stitched around the edges using metallic gold thread.  I love the texture and detail stitching gives!  I went with a gold title, too.  This is a sticker from the Heidi Swapp Sticker Book, and I toned down the gold shine just a bit by smudging white gesso over it.



Here are a few close-ups of the shimmer and shine from the flowers!


Look at that gold shine!  It's really amazing in person :)


I didn't add any adhesive foam under the leaves, but they were easy to bend up so they stood off the page.


I love the soft shimmer here.


And one more.  I found a matching ampersand sticker to tuck in right here.  I finished off the design with more Good as Gold splatters.


I hope this inspires you to grab this kit...it really is beautiful.  I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope you'll check out my process video here to see even more details:


 

The Color Kit includes:
  • Spritz Practice What You Peach (NEW)
  • Vibez Palm Reader
  • Creameez In a Jam
  • Shimmerz Wisteria Lane
  • 3 Exclusive Dots
  The price of this kit is $15.95.  Stay tuned to the blog and social media to see lots of projects created with both of these kits!  Tons of inspiration coming your way :)

Go HERE to purchase one or both of these Kitz!




Thank you soooo much for stopping by!  Take care, and we'll see you soon!



No comments: