Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sun's Up Mug's Up | Julee Tilman

Hi friends! It's Julee Tilman here to share another shimmery card creation with you. I love autumn colors and while the leaves aren't turning just yet, this flaming autumn blaze is what the sun feels like around here lately! 😂


I started this card with Spun Sugar Dazzlerz and used it to stencil leaves all over a piece of watercolor paper. Dazzlerz are like a super shiny shimmer paste, perfect for adding dimension and shine. When the Dazzlerz had dried, I sprayed the piece with Coloringz in Scarlet's Fever, Freshly Squeezed and Lil Yellow Skool Bus. Coloringz are flat color sprays in super vibrant colors. I love how shimmery the Dazzlerz are under the Coloringz. I splattered a bit of Chocolate & Diamonds Inklingz all around and then set aside to dry.


I had a bit of excess ink on my craft mat, so smooshed a piece of cardstock into the ink for a coordinating background and stamped my sentiment on it. The stamps are from Reverse Confetti, and I stamped the mug with water safe ink and then watercolored with the same colors I used above. This is cut with a coordinating die. For the sun background, I sprayed Lil Yellow Skool Bus and Freshly Squeezed on two circle die cuts, then stamped the rays on the yellow and layered together.  A few leaves were stamped and die cut from another sheet of paper I smooshed ink onto.  A rounded rectangle and a cream card base finish things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this little project has inspired you. As always, if you're feeling up for a little shopping in the Shimmerz Shop, meniton my name in the comments when you place your order for a free surprise.


1 comment:

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!