Thursday, August 29, 2019

My Heart | Jen McMurtrey

Hey Shimmerz friends!

When I am creating projects, one of my go-to favorites is to use digital cut files - I love having the ability to alter them to fit whatever it is I may be working on. For today's project, I want to show you how I used multiple Shimmeringz products to make a few flowers come to life.

First, here's a look at the entire layout . . .



This photo of my daughters was begging to be used on a layout, and I decided to focus on the flowers that can be seen along the top edge.

To begin, I used the Funky Florals cut file from The Cut Shoppe and cut two complete sets using white cardstock. While the cardstock was still on my Silhouette mat, I began painting the flowers with some of my favorite Shimmerz colors.


For each flower, I alternated colors using Creameez Great Fruit, Red Necking, and Just Peachie


The leaves were painted using Creameez Ride the Tide.

Once the paints had dried, I removed them from the cutting mat and adhered them to a piece of white cardstock using Mono glue. Using each of the colors listed above along with Shimmeringz Goldie Lox and Vibez Egg Noggin', I splattered paint over the top of the flowers and on the cardstock.


When embellishing the project, I pulled from a couple of Pinkfresh Studio collections. I adhered the frame to my photo and then placed those on top of the flower cluster with foam squares.

I continued embellishing using Pinkfresh products and wood confetti from Elle's Studio. The journaling strips were typed on my manual typewriter and placed below the title.

I'm totally loving the way these flowers turned out, and it is so easy to get this effect on your projects!! 

Thanks for sticking with to end of this post . . . remember, when ordering products from Shimmerz, enter JENNIFER in the comments at checkout and you'll receive a freebie!!


Have a great day!

-Jen

No comments: