Saturday, July 6, 2019

You Are My Sunshine | Ericka Strange

Happy Weekend! I hope your weekend is going well and your weather is nice and summery! Ericka here with a fun card I made using the The Missy Whidden Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz. I love creating with these kits, the colors are always awesome and there is always so many ways to use the wonderful cut files.

For today's card, I decided to make a circle card to highlight this fun summery cut file.



The Missy Kitz contains the following:

  • NEW Coloringz In Deep
  • Coloringz Lil' Yellow Skool Bus
  • Shimmerz Marigold
  • Inklingz Corney  Flower Blue
It also contains three exclusive Summer Dotz and a beautiful sun & cloud cut file designed by Paige Evans!  The prices is $18.95. Check it out:

http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php#!/The-Missy-Whidden-Color-Kitz-The-July-Edition/p/142253122/category=33206055

I started by sizing the cut file down so that I could make it into a card and used light weight watercolor paper in my Silhouette Cameo. Once the image was done cutting, I took the Coloringz sprays and used them on the top and bottom of the image. I decided to leave the inner portions of the clouds intact and used the Inklingz to color them to add some more shine.


Once that layer was dry, I took a paint brush and added another layer of the Coloringz In Deep to make the swirls a bit darker and added some splatters too.

I used the Shimmerz Marigold on the inner part of the sunshine to give it a slightly darker color and shine. I also added a little foam tape to prop it up against the rest of the cut file.

I then used my Silhouette to trace the cut file and made an attached circle slightly larger than the cut file to use for my card base. I love the dark blue card stock against these beautiful colors.


I cut the sentiment on matte black vinyl and placed it on vellum to help it stand out on the card. I added a couple of gems in my stash to finish off my circular card.






Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to create something beautiful with these awesome July Kitz!

Remember that typing code ERICKA in the comments section of your Shimmerz Paints store order will earn you a fun FREEBIE!



No comments: