Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Stardust by Samantha Robles

Hi everyone! I'm hanging out today on the Shimmerz Paints blog, sharing this fun layout process. This week has been BANANA'S so I'm excited I got some time in to play.
I've been saving this Paige Taylor Evans Cut File for a hot minute. If you've caught on to my theme for every page so far, I'm a hoarder, hehe! 

I then cut a giant circle out on my Cricut Air and then slapped some gesso all over it. Once the gesso set, I took the following colors:
One color at a time, I started by spraying water on bits and pieces of the paper, then spraying my colors on top of the water. Taking a heat tool, dry the colors one at a time, then start the process over again with the next color in line. My paper was a smidgen warped from how hydrated it got in the process, so I took my good ole clothing iron and put a towel in-between the paper and iron the paper till it flattens out.

I always want to try to make the colors be the focal point. They're that bright, vibrant and beautiful.

After everything flattens out, I glued my circle, along with my star wreath down. By now, everything is firm and dried. It was time to add my stars. All sprayed the same hues as the circle background. The final finishing touches are just some loose string, this crazy adorable photo of my boy, Shimmerz Paints Dotz and a "fun" sticker I had stashed away.

I hope this gets you in the mood to go play with your stash today. Thanks for dropping by.
XOXO

-Samantha

1 comment:

Hallebose said...

A starry morning for me after seeing this.