Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Frosty Fun | Color Challenge: Winter's Mist | Niki Rowland



Hey there Shimmerz fans! Niki back with you today and I have a wintery layout to share with you today. We are doing another color challenge at the moment: each member of the DT had to choose one color and make that the subject of their layout.  I loved this challenge last month and stuck just to my one chosen color. This month I'd added in a couple of extras too.

So my chosen color this time was 'Winters Mist' Shimmerz. These Shimmerz paints are little pots of watercolor gorgeousness...the color is already mixed to a runny consistency but they are thicker than spray bottle paints and thinner than acrylics - they are the perfect consistency for painting with and of course they sparkle - this makes me very happy :) 


 So I started off by working out roughly where my photo cluster was going to go. I then mixed some Winter's Mist with some Spun Sugar Dazzlers. Spun Sugar is basically a white texture paste so the colour took to it very well and then hey presto: I had a paste I could apply through a stencil but in Winter's Mist colour.  I applied it through a spotty stencil directly onto my white background.


I also splattered the top half of the background with Winter's Mist. I added in two other colours here too: Hi Ho Silver Blingz and It's Mint to Be Shimmerz.

I also applied Winter's Mist and a snall amount of It's Mint to Be with the packaging technique in order to get a watercolor effect below my photo.



I painted my cut file title with Winter's Mist. That's just one coat and the colour is so intense! Seriously I love these paints so much. Once it was dry I applied some Spun Sugar Dazzlerz through the same stencil I used on the background.


Once all my painting was dry I then assembled my layout using lots of wintery/christmassy papers and embellishments. I didn't want this to be a Christmas layout so I pulled out all the blues and greens so that it looked wintery.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you've enjoyed this layout and Round 2 of the Color Challenge - what's your favourite Shimmerz Colour??

Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Shop, add my name in the comments and you will recieve a free gift!

Happy scrapping xx


Products used:

No comments: