Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Maples Leaves by Joyce

I found another use for those Tim Holtz tickets....a place in my autumn junk journal.
Well, you know me by now.... I just couldn't leave those tickets, as cute as they are, without embellishing them a little.  And, so I did with Shimmerz Paints.

I punched some maple leafs out of a Canson watercolor paper pack and applied Bleeding Heart, Heavy Metal (I like how some of the shimmery grey matter from the paint spreads out on the paper and puddles on the leaves) and a little bit of Olive Branch too, but just a little bit to each of the leaves. When they dried, I crumpled up each leaf to break down the paper fibers and add some wrinkles to them.  Then I folded the paper leaf down the middle, and with the two thumb nails, I pinched the leaves down the middle to form leaf veins.  Then I applied the same method over the rest of the leaf. Applied some dark ink pad around the outer edges of the leaves.  And finally, I dabbled on some Shimmerz Candlelight to highlight the peaks of the folds.  They look and feel like weathered leaves. And, they were so quick and easy to make too.


I can't wait to show you where these fall embellished tickets ended up.  Come back and visit me here on November 26th, and I'll share their new home with you.  And, you will see some more pretty little lovely leaves to share using different Shimmerz Paints products too.