Monday, October 19, 2015

A Mixed Media Reverse Canvas ~ Discover by Gabrielle


Hi Shimmerz Fans! Gabrielle here with you today, I'm so happy to share with you  a reverse style canvas I made on a 4"x 6" canvas using a TCW (The Crafter's Workshop) Mini-Brick Stencil, Shimmerz Paints and some NEW Dusty Attic chipboard!


Shimmerz Products used on this project:

~ Glorious Day Vibez
~ Truffle Spritz
~ Palm Reader Vibez
~ Don't Be Suede Coloringz
~ Green Olive Shimmerz
~ Greener Pastures Creameez
~ Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez
~ Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz
~ I Onxly Love You Inklingz (Jewel)
~ Olive U Truly Inklingz
~ Berry Hot Creameez


Dusty Attic Products used on this project:

~ Indian Arrow
~ Rushes #2
~ NEW Dusty Attic Texture Paste



TCW Stencil used in this project:

~ Mini Bricks (6x6 inch stencil)

So to make things easier I did up a video tutorial on how this project was made.  So grab yourself a lil break and enjoy! xo



Hope you enjoyed watching.....here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure....


I just love well the Shimmerz Inklingz and Creameez work when painting chipboard pieces.  Here I painted the Dusty Attic Indian Arrow....so many fun things you can do with this one!  I did a little quick painting with Shimmerz Creameez & Inklings, then added some twine and Bo Bunny adhesive pearls for a unique look.


For the butterfly, I printed off a butterfly image on an acetate sheet and cut out two sizes, gluing them together.  (I had the image on my old computer, so I no longer have the image to share....but you can find many printable butterfly images on Pinterest).  The metal embellishments are the key and keyhole embellishments from Graphic 45.  I used the TCW mini-brick stencil with the NEW Dusty Attic Texture paste to get my background design.


I used a combination of Shimmerz Glorious Day Vibez, Truffle Spritz and Green Olive Shimmerz Paint for the background brick texture colors.

Hope you enjoyed today's post! thanks so much for stopping by, your comments and feedback are always appreciated! 
NOTE: You can grab yourself a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paint Product in the color of your choice with your next Shimmerz Paint order just by mentioning my name in the Instructions to Merchant part of your order! Shimmer Paint Store. xo


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen a few tutorials and I am so excited to order this product for my mixed media painting... This is a new venture for me (making it to sell I mean) and I have not yet seen on the videos how to "seal" the finished product... Do I need to spray a finish of a sealant on the finished work?... I have a list I've compiled from several videos but again just haven't seen anything to see the paint/ color... Once all is said and done?