Thursday, September 24, 2015

Home Decor with Shimmerz & Gabrielle


Hello lovely Shimmerz Fans! I'm really excited to share with you a home decor design I made on a 12" x  24" canvas.  I often get asked how I come up with some of the ideas I make.....this one is not one I came up with myself.  I saw this wonderful canvas with a vase attached on Pinterest and thought about how nicely this would work with some new stencils I designed for The Crafter's Workshop (Moving Vines 12"x12" stencil, and Organic Matter 6"x 6" stencil).....so I contacted the lovely lady (Vicki Chrisman) that designed the one I saw and she kindly gave me permission to use her canvas as inspiration.


The Crafter's Workshop Stencils used in this project, designed by me :)


Shimmerz Paint Products used in this project:

~ Olive Branch Spritz
~ Bamboo Leaf Spritz
~ Glorious Day Vibez

Here is a very brief video tutorial I made up to show how I made this project! Enjoy! ....


I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial and that I've inspired you to get playing with your Shimmerz Paints.  Here are a couple of close-ups of my project....


I used the darker colors like Olive Branch  on the outer edges of the canvas, fading into the lighter colors like Bamboo Leaf on the inside....using Glorious Day for little hits of layered color in a few key spots.


I added extra layers of the darker spritz over the stenciled areas, allowing the to pool in the cavities and cracks.  The bottle I wired through the canvas using a piece of cardboard in the back of the canvas to make a strong backing for the vase.

Thanks so much for stopping by the Shimmerz blog today, and REMEMBER! If you are looking to order Shimmerz products, be sure to get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice by mentioning my name 'Gabrielle' in the 'Instructions to Merchant/seller' part of your order! xo


No comments: