Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Anniversary Scrapbook Layout | Melissa Minor | September 2024 Color Kitz

 

Hi crafty friends! Melissa Minor here and I'm super excited to be sharing a scrapbook layout with you using the September 2024 Color Kitz. I created today's layout to celebrate my two year dating anniversary with my boyfriend Dale. We started dating back in September 2022. 💖 This is my favorite picture of us. I've been waiting for just the right papers to scrap it. The Color Kitz this month is it! I knew right away I wanted to use the beautiful cut file that came in the kit. I printed it on black cardstock. I backed the cut file with various patterned papers from the Color Kitz. I think this cut file is the star of my page. It's absolutely gorgeous! 

I wanted the cut file to really pop. So, I applied Shimmerz-Limoncello from the kit and Vibez-Mustard Seed behind the flower. I thought the yellow color behind the flower looked like sunshine peeking through. For my title I used a stamp/die from my stash. I die cut the words "I Love". Then I stamped a couple sentiments and backed them with the pink patterned paper. I distressed the edges of all the papers.
Next it was time to embellish my layout. I used the pre-cut flowers from the ephemera pack. I did trim off the white edges with my scissors. I thought the flowers needed some leaves. I took out a sheet of mixed media cardstock and painted the whole sheet with the Vibez-Moss-Terious Green. I used some dies and cut leaves from that sheet. I love how shimmery the leaves look. They are so pretty and just what the page needed. I added the heart dotz and some yellow pearls to finish today's layout. I like how the yellow in the dotz and the yellow in the pearls draws the yellow painting out.

The September Color Kitz is stunning. If you place an order on the Shimmerz Paints website be sure to leave my name in the comments sections to receive a free gift. You can add my name to every order you place. I think today's layout is my absolute favorite page in my album. You can watch the whole process in the linked video below. I hope this has given you some inspiration for the Color Kitz this month! Have a great week! 

Happy Crafting,
Melissa Minor (aka Cards By Melissa Minor)


I also have an unboxing video if you'd like to see the full September Color Kitz here.



No comments: