Saturday, August 10, 2024

One In A Melon | Melissa Minor | August 2024 Color Kitz


Hello crafty friends! I am super excited to be sharing my first layout with the August 2024 Color Kitz! This kit gives me all the tropical vibes. I immediately was drawn to the watermelon papers and I knew I had the perfect photos to document. My boyfriend Dale and I had just went to a Watermelon Eating competition in St. Charles, MO a few weeks ago. It was interesting to watch and a fun adventure to scrapbook.


I started by turning to my cricut and cutting out a large watermelon shape from the green striped paper. It totally looks like the outside of a real watermelon. I then layered the watermelon paper that has the seeds on the left half of that piece. After that it was time to start painting. I started by outlining my watermelon shape with a pencil onto my white mixed media cardstock so I knew where to apply my paint. I used the packaging technique to apply the Shimmerz-Jilted Jade around my pencil lines, then added a few splatters.
While I had the Jilted Jade Shimmerz out I applied the color to some vines that I had also cut from my cricut. I love the shimmery look on these vines. Next I pulled out the Trippin In the Tropics-Creameez. I applied that in three intentional places around my watermelon. I wanted it to look like watermelon juices gushing out. I think I managed to pull that off perfectly. 

Still using the Trippin In the Tropics-Creameez I applied the paint to my title. I wanted the words to look like they had seeds so I also applied some Shimmerz-Coal from my stash. 


I know that watermelon vines have little flowers on them. So I fussy cut some of the little yellow and white flower from the patterned paper. I finished the layout by adding some pearls to the center of the flowers and some little gems around the page. I love the way this layout turned out! I have all the details in the full process video below. When you place your next order add my name, Melissa Minor, to the place where it says add a note to your order on the Your Cart page to receive a free gift. I'm looking forward to sharing many more layouts with all of you. Hope you have a wonderful day!




No comments: