Monday, May 27, 2024

Using up left over alphas | May Color Kitz | Brandy Vaughn

Hello, friends! I have a new layout for you using the beautiful May Color Kitz!


I have wanted to try this technique for a couple of years. I have been toting around a nearly used-up set of alphas that I couldn't make any more words with, just knowing I would do this. When I saw the colors included in this month's kit I knew the time had come!


I started by gluing the letters down in a circle, including the title. Then I covered the whole thing in gesso. When that dried, I added a layer of white acrylic paint. Now the magic begins. I sprayed a layer of water over the whole thing, then randomly sprayed around Vibes in Don't Rain On My Parade and Spritz Powder Puff, then blended with a wet brush until I achieved my desired result. 


Next, I came in with a layer of Inklingz Burnished Buckle just over the letters, working the color into the edges really well. I added a couple of layers of Shimmerz Antique Lace on top of the title letters to help them stand out from the rest.


Next, I die-cut several leafy bits from a piece of paper that comes in the kit. I also added the May circle scalloped cut file to frame the whole thing. Then I embellished with some ephemera pieces from the kit and this one is all done!


I really hope you like it! I kind of surprised myself on this one, lol. You can check out my process video here:


Don't forget to add my name to your order for a FREE product!

xoxo
Brandy






 



 

No comments: